(USA) 801 467 8687 Email
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Please Read The Precautions We Are Taking
Tour doesn't run this month.
San Francisco To Los Angeles Three Day Tour Through Yosemite, Death Valley And Las Vegas
| ||Like all our tours, the first two days of this tour are a small group trip. The vehicle used generally has between nine and 14 seats. Our guides are skilled in the geology, customs, traditions, history and people of the areas through which you travel - feel free to ask all and any questions!|
Day 1 - San Francisco to Yosemite - 190 mi / 305.71 km - About 5 1/2 hours
|Leaving San Francisco we travel over the Bay Bridge, across Yerba Buena Island, passing through the hustle and bustle of the city, before reaching more open country. The traffic and the built up suburbs will be left behind as you travel through the fields and climb up steep hills to Yosemite.|
| ||You will enter Yosemite from the west entrance, and travel through the park to Yosemite Village, which is down in the valley. The scenery is spectacular. Amongst the sights you will see is Yosemite Falls, the highest waterfall in North America. For many the highlight of the trip is El Capitan, the towering rock mountain. If you look carefully you can often see climbers attached to the sheer granite walls.|
You will be able to get yourself a bite to eat and perhaps buy some souvenirs.
Day 1 - Spend more time in Yosemite!
| ||You can extend your stay in Yosemite. Instead of leaving Yosemite now and continuing your tour, you can spend as many extra nights in the park as you like. When you order the tour, you will see an option to add extra time in Yosemite. Simply add as many additional nights as you want to stay there. Our preferred property is Yosemite Lodge. Please be aware that lodging here sometimes sells out more than a year ahead of time! If that is the case we may be able to offer you lodging elsewhere. We will always let you know what the situation is before processing your order. |
You will be at liberty to explore Yosemite on your own for the extra time that you choose. Please note that there will not be a tour guide with you for the extra period. The extended stay is subject to lodging availability in the park. We will check this once the order has been placed.
The rest of the group will continue with the regular tour. If you extend, you will be picked up after your extended stay. The tour carries on as detailed below for those who are not spending a night or two in Yosemite.
Day 1 - Yosemite to Bishop - 132 mi / 212.39 km - About 6 hours
|Most of the time that you see listed above is spent touring the park. After visiting Yosemite Valley we will start climbing up into the mountains. There are frequent stops to admire the views and take photographs. The Tuolumne Meadows are a particularly beautiful alpine valley, surrounded by tall trees and lush vegetation.|
We climb all the way to Yosemite's east entrance, which is located on the Tioga Pass, at almost 10 000 feet (almost 3000 metres). Just as is the case with the Grand Canyon and Zion, the east entrance is only seen by a handful of the huge numbers of people who visit Yosemite.
|The road drops in a hurry from the Tioga Pass down to the east side of the Sierras. As you might expect, the views are spectacular, and we can stop wherever you like to take photographs. The night is spent in the small town of Bishop.|
| ||Please be aware that the Tioga Pass, which is the east exit from Yosemite, is closed from winter through sometime in the spring. When this happens, the tour will depart Yosemite at the south entrance instead. As the route is a little longer, less time will be spent in Death Valley.|
Please also be aware that it is possible, but unlikely, that there will be snow restrictions on the road from Yosemite Valley to the south entrance of the park. If that is the case, however, we may bypass Yosemite and once again spend additional time in Death Valley.
Day 2 - Bishop to Death Valley - 163 mi / 262.27 km - About 4 hours, 30 minutes
|The road to Death Valley goes through the small town of Lone Pine, where you can get a great view of Mount Whitney, the highest peak in the contiguous 48 states. It is amazing to think that in just a few hours you will be at the lowest point in the entire country!|
| ||Death Valley is the lowest, hottest and driest part of North America. We will enter the park at the west entrance and drop down a steep hill, towards Stovepipe Wells, and an impressive cluster of sand dunes along the way. Just past that is Devils Cornfields.|
At Furnace Creek we will stop for a while, at the Visitor Center and gift shop, to allow you to do some shopping and perhaps buy a snack.
Day 2 - Death Valley to Las Vegas - 160 mi / 257.44 km - About 5 hours
|From Furnace Creek there is a short detour to Zabriskie Point. After climbing to the top of the view point to take in the spectacular rock formations and colors, we will retrace our steps a little and pick up the Badwater Road. Badwater is about 280 feet below sea level, and we will stop there for a while to check out the views, stroll around, and shoot some pictures.|
Just past Badwater are some old abandoned mine buildings, another great photo opportunity. We will leave Death Valley at the small town of Shoshone.
| ||The road to Las Vegas travels up and down a small mountain, before passing through the desert to the town of Pahrump, where brothels are legal. From there it is a relatively short trip to Sin City.|
| ||The night is yours to explore Las Vegas! You will be staying on the Strip, so you can stroll around, check out the sights, and enjoy all that America's entertainment capital has to offer.|
Please be very careful about booking shows for tonight. We cannot guarantee the time the vehicle gets back into Vegas.
Day 2 - Resort fee
|All Las Vegas Strip hotels charge what they call a resort fee. This is basically a way of ripping off guests. Unfortunately there is nothing that anyone can do about it, and you will need to pay the resort fee on check in.|
| ||Feel free to sleep in this morning after your night on the town! Whatever you do, please be up and about in time to catch an early afternoon bus to Los Angeles, unless you want to extend your stay in Las Vegas by a night or two. |
If you would like to spend more time in Vegas, please order that option on the next page. Note that if the extra night falls on a weekend or holiday or during a busy convention period, there may be an additional charge. If there is an extra cost we will let you know what it is before confirming the extra night.
Day 3 - Las Vegas to Los Angeles bus - About 6 hours, 15 minutes
| ||As you will notice from the itinerary, today's trip is unescorted. What this means is that there is no tour guide on the bus, only the driver. |
The approximate arrival times and drop off areas in Los Angeles are:
8:00pm East Los Angeles:
(Located in Futura Travel office)
5201 E Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90022
8:30pm Downtown Los Angeles:
On the corner of 8th and Maple (with the entrance on the Maple side)
767 Maple Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90014
| ||We regret that no cancellations or changes will be accepted, and no refunds will be given.|
|Extend Your Stay ||You have the option of extending your stay at certain locations during the tour.|
Las Vegas - minimum 3 star Strip hotel (weekends, holidays, busy convention times subject to a surcharge): +$75.00 per guest, per night
|Tour ID ||1175|
Please note the following...
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. The payment schedule is as follows: Half of the total will be charged any time from when you make the booking. The other half will be charged 30 or fewer days from the tour date, at our discretion.
- The credit/debit card used must be in your name and must be present, so we can take an imprint. Please contact us if this is not possible. Please ensure you have the card you used with you. If the card is not in your name please let us know ahead of time, as our credit card authorization process will need to be completed.
- A purported or attempted cancellation will result in the entire amount being due, and being charged to your card immediately.
- The name on your credit card statement will be USA Park Tours.
- The days and dates this tour runs can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- Prices are based on double occupancy. Single, triple and quad rates are also available, and can be seen on checkout. There are no taxes.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- The entry fees to both parks are included.
- Two nights' lodging are included. The first is in the small town of Bishop at a minimum three star hotel. The other night is in Las Vegas at a minimum three star hotel on the famous Strip. Please let us know if there is not at least one person in each room who is 21 or older, as most Vegas hotels require this. If the night in Vegas falls over a weekend, convention or holiday period, a higher price may apply.
- The vehicle used is either a small mini bus or an executive van, which is a van with individual, high back, reclining seats, except for the third day when a coach, operated by a supplier, will take you to Los Angeles, and the possible exception of the route between San Francisco and Yosemite, which may also be operated by a supplier in a coach.
- No meals are included.
- The price includes the services of a guide/driver on the first two days, and transportation.
- Please note that in the winter months snow or other bad weather may result in tour itineraries being changed without notice, or even tours being canceled in extreme weather. Should a cancellation occur the only amount we will refund is the cost of the portion of the tour that is canceled, or a refund of the entire tour price if the tour itself is canceled.
- A minimum of two people may be required for a tour to depart. That is not two in your group, but a total of two. You may also need to book several weeks out to ensure availability.
- Yosemite's east entrance only opens when the snow has been cleared. Until this happens, this tour will depart Yosemite from the south entrance, overnight in Bakersfield, and spend a little less time in Death Valley.
- In the unlikely event of snow restrictions being in effect, in the winter, from Yosemite's south entrance, additional time will be spent in Death Valley. Yosemite will be bypassed, and the tour will go from San Francisco straight to Death Valley.
- Pick ups in San Francisco take place in the Fisherman's Wharf area.
- This tour drops off as detailed above.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at (USA) 801 467 8687, or mail us for additional information.